Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Annual "Looking Back" Post

I apologize profusely for not posting the last couple of months. Work went absolutely bonkers in early September and didn't stop until right before Christmas. The new year promises to be just as bananas... Hooray! I think.

I've managed to continue running and have only needed to drop the occasional run here and there. I've built my base back up to where it was this time last year: 26K/week. I'm running 7/7/12 and I hope to migrate that to four runs a week in the new year. I just need to remember to watch my pace on the long run. I kind of get carried away, especially when I'm cold. I need to warm up somehow!

Last year I did the whole year in review post. It's been a handy one to look back on, especially when it comes to that motivation and optimism that I had a year ago. It's too bad that it all went down the tubes only hours after I wrote the post.

As for my 2010 goals, here's how I did:
1. Finish the Ottawa Half Marathon
Didn't even start the 2010 Ottawa HM. But I won't let it win...

2. Drink more water
Doing much better on this one. It's a little less measurable than the other goals listed here, but I can definitely feel the difference in my body when I'm hydrated, whether it's first thing in the morning or during a run.

3. Improve my 5K and 10K times.
Improve? Ha, I was lucky to run 5Ks and 10Ks. No new personal bests were set this year, but I came pretty darn close on the 10K. Hopefully next year I can improve.

4. Run 1300 km.
The loss of five months of running and my base totally set me off course in my pursuit of this goal. I'll end up with just over 500KM run as I have one more run to go tomorrow.

Soon I'll have to turn my attention towards my 2011 goals. I have a few in mind...

No comments: