2009 was a pretty good year for me. The highs include:
- my first race at the inaugural Winterman event in February, where I ran the 5K in -7C and snow.
- running the Ottawa MDS Nordion 10K in May. The crowds and race experience were incredible!
- Setting repeated PRs in the 5K throughout the year, finishing with 28:09 at the Cookie Run in November.
- Running over 750 KM in 2009, more than double my 2008 total.
- Getting married!
I capped off 2009 with the Running Room's Resolution Run last night. The temperature was -11C, but it had snowed most of the day, so the footing was pretty treacherous. There was no PR for me, but I had a lot of fun. Saw a guy wearing gold tights, while others wore Christmas lights or New Year's Eve party hats. I can't wait to try out the fancy new jacket I got for entering.
Now for looking forward. Well, 2010 promises to be equally great! Some of my goals for this year are:
- Finish the Ottawa Half Marathon (time goal to come later).
- Drink more water.
- Improve my 5K and 10K times.
- Run 1300 km.
Cheers! And Happy New Year!