Friday, June 25, 2010

Take a Raincheck

So much for yoga class. So much for my run.

As most of you in the Ottawa-area know, we had a pretty big earthquake on Wednesday afternoon. And yes, it affected my run. How you ask?

Well, we were evacuated from our building. Which meant walking down 22 flights of stairs. Then I, along with all thousands of public servants in the nearby buildings, were told to go home. I couldn't get a bus, so I walked.

I'm still sore. I knew I would be... this is third time I've done those stairs this year and I've been sore every time. So I abandoned my run yesterday and walked around downtown doing errands instead.

And after all the excitement on Wednesday, I didn't feel like going anywhere. Not to mention that the media was reporting that the power was out in the area where the yoga studio is located.

I'm so ready for the weekend!

No comments: