Monday, October 12, 2009

Back on the Wagon

Well, the wedding is all over and my life is about to get back to normal. It's hard for me to imagine what my days were like before wedding planning took over my time. The last month to six weeks were particularly brutal. But, I kept up my runs at 3x a week, minus the 6K scheduled for the day before the wedding. I'd slept particularly badly the night before and didn't want to risk an injury caused by exhaustion.

I also ran during our little mini-honeymoon to the Niagara Region of Ontario. The run was early in the morning, about 10C and a misty rain fell as I ran through the quiet streets of Niagara-on-the-Lake. I really enjoyed the new running route and the change of scenery.

Now that I'm back home, I'm jumping back into training and getting back the healthy eating wagon. I was spoiled with three course meals and tons of great wine over the past week. To tell you the truth, I'm afraid to step on the scale tomorrow. But I know that I'm catching the bad habits early enough to prevent any major damage. I'd ideally like to drop another 5-10 lbs. before I start in on my half-marathon training in the winter. Some studies suggest that each pound lost can translate into a 2 second/mi improvement in race times.

Speaking of winter... it's coming! As much as I'd love to hibernate, it's just not possible. It's gotten quite cold here and there's talk of frost most nights this week. Even though I complain, I do like to run in the wintertime. But, I've realized that one set of capris won't get me through the next couple months before winter and I'm going to need a second set of tights (Sugoi was sold out of the Mid-Zero tights I'd ordered in August) to get me through 4 runs a week during training months.

The one thing that gets me excited for this week is the fact that I get to wear my arm warmers. I heart my arm warmers.

No comments: