Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Back in the swing of things

I got out for my run last night! It felt so good. I only ran a short, easy 3K.

I have to cut back my mileage a little bit this week for a couple of reasons. For starters, I can't jump right into where I was because I didn't run for a week. You can stop running for a couple days without any ill effects, but you start to see a deterioration after about a week. The other reason is that I still have a cough and my lungs still feel a bit heavy. I didn't want to overdo it and suffer a setback.

So I ran my 3K at my average pace. It was glorious! Sunny with a bit of wind, the path wasn't crowded at all. My quads are a little sore today, but otherwise I feel fantastic.

Next up is a 5K tomorrow. I also need to start planning how I will gradually increase my mileage base in anticipation of my half-marathon training that starts in the winter.

No comments: