Sunday, September 20, 2009

Army Run DNS

I didn't run the Army Run 5Kthis morning. I'm feeling better than I was a few days ago, but I'm still not feeling great. I can't help but feel a bit sad about missing the run, given I registered 3 months ago and it was my goal race. But, I know it's for the best and that being healthy for the wedding is more important.

While I trained for the last month, 5Ks are a very approachable race. I could run one next weekend if I wanted to. Thankfully there are still a few more in the region in the next month and a half. It's not like this race and goal was a half-marathon or marathon where I'd trained long and hard over 12 or 16 weeks. Right now, I'm targeting a 5K in the beginning of November.

I did get a new fancy long-sleeved tech tee out of it though!

2 comments:

Boris T said...

Sorry to hear about the DNS. The flu season is a killer on races, it killed my plan to run te Toronto Waterfront marathon.

Anonymous said...

Don't sweat the missed race. Your health is more important. Just focus on the 1/2 for next year. Good luck. -- Scott