Monday, January 4, 2010

Boo.

My left foot is sore. Really sore. It's always the d&^% left side. It's the outside of my left foot and it hurts more to wear shoes. The good news is: it's not plantar fasciitis. The bad news is: it's a totally different and new kind of pain.

I didn't realize how bad it was until I had to be on my feet today. I've been a good little runner and started icing it after the pain appeared on Saturday, iced it more yesterday and today. And I started taking ibuprofen.

I've been surfing running sites and injury diagnosis websites. I have no idea what's wrong and I've seen some possibilities and some of them are scary: Sinus Tarsi Syndrome, Tendinitis, Muscle strains, stress fractures. I stopped reading.

Thankfully I have a doctor's appointment on Thursday. In the meantime, I've booked a massage for Wednesday to see if it'll help, as I suspect my calf muscles are a big part of the problem. They always are.

Needless to say I'm not running tonight. Probably not tomorrow, either. Boo.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Love your blog, hate that your foot is paining you! Please keep us posted on what the Dr says. I just started blogging and just started training for my 1st HM, my site is kimerkeepenitreal.blogspot.com
Rest up!