Friday, July 24, 2009

First post!

I've decided to start blogging again. I wrote about wine before, whereas now, I'm thinking to write about all kinds of random things, but mainly running. I'm hoping to use this as a tool to keep myself motivated about running. This won't be like my running journal; no, my running journal is this little paper thing from Runner's World that I use to keep track of every run and its details, such as the length, route, pace, and any other information of interest.

Today was my first run in 2 weeks. I had a forced hiatus as I had committed to volunteer at Bluesfest here in Ottawa. With the half-hour walk to and from the site, plus being on my feet for 4-8 hours... I really didn't feel like running. Then life became really hectic as work suddenly demanded that I work lots of overtime. So again, no running.

Today's run was an easy 5K. I took it easy - running a slow, comfortable pace. I just wanted to enjoy myself and ease back into the routine again. And I didn't want to hate the world by the end of the run, either! Apparently it takes 21 days to build a habit. I have a lot of work to do.

No comments: