Friday, February 12, 2010

2010 Olympics Kickoff!

The Olympics start today! I love the Olympics. I'll admit that I'm a little bit Olympics-ed out with that last year of build up (CTV commercials, anyone?). But now that they're here, I'm pretty excited to watch the sports. Hubby and I are staying in tonight to watch the Opening Ceremonies. Is anyone else planning to watch? I hope we'll be able to watch the moguls on Saturday night... Jen Heil did so well in the last Olympics. And it's pretty neat to watch.

One of my favourite athletes is 5-time medal winner Clara Hughes. She seems genuinely positive and happy. Her success in cycling and speedskating is really impressive - not one sport, but two! I think it's awesome that she was selected as our flag bearer for the opening ceremonies tonight. She's just one of the many athletes that inspire me. Do you have a favourite athlete? Is there anyone you're rooting for in particular at these Olympics?

I also want to welcome all the new followers! It's pretty exciting to log-in to see more people checking out my blog. Thanks for stopping by!

No comments: