Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Busy Bee

This week's been a little crazy on all fronts as we get ready to go away. Hubby and I are both very busy at work, especially as we try to wrap things up before we go away. I really don't enjoy the process of letting people know I'm leaving, prepping documents for my replacement, writing news releases for while I'm away... is it Friday yet?

So far the layoff from running has been palatable. It's easier for me to handle sitting on my butt since my foot starts to hurt if I walk too much. Before this happened I'd considered taking a week off completely in Hawaii. So it's a little bit easier to handle. Plus, I'm distracted because there's last-minute planning of activities on our trip. Like a luau, for instance. Or whale watching expeditions. Or renting snorkeling gear. I've been trying to knock off a few errands every day, high up on that list was treating myself to a new pair of Lululemon pants and some books for the flight.

There's still more to do, but Sunday's flight can't come soon enough!

No comments: