Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Completely and utterly addicted

I'm an addict.

A running addict.

Phew! That feels good to get that off my chest. I've realized that I've hit the point where I don't want to go without running. I don't want to miss a workout and I'm loving every run. Yes, even the tough ones that I have to push through. I am so inspired by my re-found motivation after it disappeared in July.

I love it so much that I want to run longer and further each time I head out the door. I want to run more often. It's taking quite a bit of willpower to reign myself in! What's also encouraging is the fact that my speedwork is paying off. My perceived effort on my long runs is the same, but my average pace is 10 seconds faster per kilometre. My moderate perceived exertion is turning in much faster times, too!

I love running (yes, even in the winter!) and I love that my efforts are paying off. Now to just hold back a bit and not over-do it.

No comments: