Thursday, August 27, 2009

Heading off injuries at the pass

Playing ultimate on Saturday, a 3K on Sunday and another 3K on Monday was a bad idea. Oh and flip-flops on top of that. Whoops.

I probably would've been okay with one of those runs, but both runs combined with the added stress of flip-flops yesterday put my heels over the edge. My achilles tendons are not happy with me right now. The left one is especially angry.

I'm wearing really awesome running shoes and my flip-flops and flats have been banished to the back of the closet. I've started the gamut of achilles tendon, calf and plantar fasciitis stretches three times a day. And my ice pack is getting a good work out.

Thankfully the pain is not as bad as the first time I had achilles tendonitis back in 2007. My legs were so cramped that I could hardly walk without wincing in pain.

Here's to hoping that it all works and I have speedy recovery.

No comments: